This page lists a collection of useful articles that help build an awesome command line experience on POSIX systems, such as GNU/Linux, MacOS, cygwin, etc.
Which Shell to Use?
Unfortunately, this is a very subjective question. Try the following search results.
These articles offer basic configuration toward building decent command line experiences. It's highly recommended to read the ones that are useful for your choice of shell.
These articles are guidance on improving command line experiences on various aspects. You can select the ones that interest you to read.
- [MacOS] Install and Use GNU Command Line Tools on macOS/OS X
- Managing Dotfiles With Git: Get Your Dotfiles Under Control
- A Better ls Command
- Complementing cd with Autojump
- Make the less Command More Powerful
- Truncate Long Matching Lines of Grep: a Solution That Preserves Color
- [zsh] How to add fuzzy completion (like Sublime Text palette) to ZSH
- [zsh] Restore the Previously Canceled Command in Zsh
- [fish] Directory History in the Fish Shell